Accounting CPA Track BS
The Bachelor of Science in Accounting from the University of Saint Francis will provide you with the specialized knowledge and skills to serve the complex demands of a rapidly changing business environment. Capital markets rely on the work of accountants, especially Certified Public Accountants (CPAs), to ensure that investors have access to reliable and transparent financial statements. With a solid accounting foundation, broad-based general education, practical understanding of the business world, and experiential learning, the accounting program at the University of Saint Francis will prepare you to begin your career as an accountant.
This program specifically is designed to help students meet the CPA exam educational requirements to allow students to sit for the CPA exam upon graduation.
Student Learning Outcomes
The student learning outcomes of the Bachelor of Science in Accounting program are:
- Students make decisions informed by ethical models and Franciscan values.
- Students demonstrate effective business communication utilizing technology.
- Students demonstrate mastery of professional competencies.
- Students develop problem-solving skills through experiential learning.
- Students will demonstrate understanding of the audit process.
- Students will demonstrate ability to apply tax laws to prepare tax returns.
The Bachelor of Science in Accounting – CPA Track requires 150 credit hours which includes:
- 36 credit hours general education courses
- 54 credit hours business core
- 51 credit hours for major
- 9 credit hours for electives
Program of Studies
- General Elective Courses:
- FYS 100/101, MATH 131/132/133/223 or Nat Science, ENGL 101/103, COMM 121, ENGL 104, PHIL 123/ PHIL 284, ECON 207, THEO 105, FIN 240, THEO, ART OR LIT, CAPSTONE BUS 489
- Business Core Courses, 54 credit hours:
- ACCT 106, ACCT 110, BUS 101, BUS 102, BUS 103, BUS 104, BUS 125, BUS 200, BUS 270, BUS 307, BUS 360, BUS 400, BUS 456, FIN 250, MGMT 230, MGMT 272, MGMT 325 or MGMT 400, MGMT 375, MKT 281, RMI 370
- Accounting Major Courses, 24 credit hours:
- ACCT 206, ACCT 210, ACCT 214, ACCT 315, ACCT 316, ACCT 320 or ACCT 417, ACCT 418, ACCT 420
- Accounting Major Electives, 15 credit hours:
- Select one: ECON 208 or ECON 350 or FIN 375 or FIN 410 or FIN 455;
- Select one: MKT 345 or MKT 432 or MKT 486;
- Select two: BUS 402-404 or MGMT 273 or MGMT 325 or MGMT 333 or MGMT 340 or MGMT 400 or MGMT 433 or MGMT 472;
- Select one: RMI 450 or RMI 470
- Elective Courses, 9 credit hours: as needed to complete a minimum of 120 credit hours
Applicants must meet University of Saint Francis admissions requirements. Students must be accepted into the EPIC program.
All Accounting majors must maintain a GPA of at least 2.0, are required to earn a grade of “C” or better in all business core courses required by the major.
None beyond USF standards.