Business Administration BS
The Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from the University of Saint Francis will prepare you with the specialized knowledge and skills to serve the complex demands of a rapidly changing business environment. As a business professional, you will work with employees, teams and customers to further the business’s objectives and the business administration program at the University of Saint Francis will prepare you to being your career in the field of business.
Student Learning Outcomes
The student learning outcomes of the Bachelor of Science in Business Administration program are:
- Students make decisions informed by ethical models and Franciscan values.
- Students demonstrate effective business communication utilizing technology
- Students demonstrate mastery of professional competencies.
- Students develop problem-solving skills through experiential learning.
- Students demonstrate effective skills in the field of Business Administration.
- Students will demonstrate an understanding of the various functional areas of business administration
The Bachelor of Science in Business Administration requires 120 credit hours which includes:
- 36 credit hours general education courses
- 54 credit hours business core
- 21 credit hours for major
- 9 credit hours for electives
Program of Studies
- General Elective Courses:
- FYS 100/101, MATH 131/132/133/223 or Nat Science, ENGL 101/103, COMM 121, ENGL 104, PHIL 123/ PHIL 284, ECON 207, THEO 105, FIN 240, THEO, ART OR LIT, CAPSTONE BUS 489
- Business Core Courses, 54 credit hours:
- ACCT 106, ACCT 110, BUS 101, BUS 102, BUS 103, BUS 104, BUS 125, BUS 200, BUS 270, BUS 307, BUS 360, BUS 400, BUS 456, FIN 250, MGMT 230, MGMT 272, MGMT 325 or MGMT 400, MGMT 375, MKT 281, RMI 370
- Business Administration Courses, 21 credit hours:
- Accounting or Finance Electives, 6 credit hours: Any ACCT 200/300/400 course or FIN 200/300/400 course
- Economics Elective, 3 credit hours: Any ECON 200/300/400 course
- Management Electives, 6 credit hours: Any MGMT 300/400 courses
- Marketing Electives, 6 credit hours: Any MKT 300/400 course
- Elective Courses, 9 credit hours: as needed to complete a minimum of 120 credit hours
Applicants must meet University of Saint Francis admissions requirements.
All Bachelor of Science in Business Administration majors must maintain a GPA of at least 2.0, are required to earn a grade of “C” or better in all business core courses required by the major.
None beyond USF standards.