Communication: Film BA
The Bachelor of Arts in Communication Program graduates creative storytellers who engage audiences in professional, educational and entertaining messages. In the disciplines of film, and public relations we promote professionalism, integrity and expertise. We create learning experiences that emphasize practical, hands-on projects that develop collaboration, problem solving, and storytelling skills.
Visual Storytellers engage in writing, filming and editing projects that create compelling stories for clients and audiences. Our program uniquely integrates courses in storytelling from film, photography, design, social media and animation. Approached through a practical application process the program ensures that students are adaptable to many creative careers.
Student Learning Outcomes
Program Outcomes Communication Film
- Demonstrate knowledge and application of Film and Communication terminology and theories.
- Demonstrate expertise in using the techniques and technology of production
- Demonstrate and evaluate effective visual communication
- Demonstrate problem-solving and creative decision-making in production
- Critically analyze the social and cultural perspectives associated with the study of Film and Communication.
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently and in team and group settings.
The Bachelor of Arts in Communication: Public Relations requires 120 credit hours:
- 47-49 credit hours of general education courses
- 45 credit hours in Major Required Courses
- 12 hours of Directed Electives
- 17-19 credit hours in elective courses as needed
Program of Studies
The Bachelor of Arts in Communication: Film requires 120 credit hours:
- Major Required Courses, COMM 200, COMM 210, COMM 211, COMM 250, COMM 370, COMM 450, COMM 470, COMM 497, FILM 150, FILM 250, FILM 225, FILM 350, FILM 341, FILM 400, ART 180, ART 248
- Directed electives: 12 credit hours: ART 180, COMM 275, META 300, MUSC 360, THEA 215, THEA 225, THEA 350
- General Education, 47-49 credit hours
- Electives, 17-19 credit hours as needed
Applicants to the Bachelor of Arts in Communication Program must meet University of Saint Francis admission requirements.
Students in the Bachelor of Arts in Communication Program complete a sophomore portfolio review.
Students in the Bachelor of Arts in Communication Program complete a senior portfolio review.