Computer Information Systems BS
The curriculum provides our majors with expertise in data management and analysis. Working collaboratively with faculty from sciences and business, students will engage with various operating systems and data bases while learning programming and networking and exploring risk and security questions. Courses in mathematics, management, media, law and ethics round out the curriculum, aptly preparing students for versatile careers in the implementation and management of informational computer systems. Internships in regional data management, finance, investment or healthcare corporations provide students with real world experience.
Students completing the B.S. in Computer Information Systems are positioned in this growing field to pursue careers such as desktop administrator, systems administrator, database administrator, network administrator, business analysts, access management, and computer analysts.
The B.S. in Computer Information Systems degree requires 120 credit hours:
- 36-37 credit hours of general education courses,
- 66 credit hours of prescribed courses in computer science, math, business, and,
- 14-15 elective courses
Program of Study
The B.S. in Computer Information Systems degree requires:
- Major core, 57 credit hours: BUS 101, CSCI 102, CSCI 105, CSCI 106, CSCI 110, CSCI 210, CSCI 211, CSCI 220, CSCI 273, CSCI 301, CSCI 310, CSCI 325, CSCI 350, CSCI 360, CSCI 370, CSCI 390, Pick two from: CSCI 420-422, CSCI 480, CSCI 490, MATH 133, MATH 345, MMGT 272, and COMM 450 or BUS 270
Applicants must meet University of Saint Francis admission requirements. To be successful in this rigorous program, it is suggested students rank in the upper half of their high school graduation class, have a GPA of at least 2.3 on a 4.0 scale and earn a Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) re-centered score of 1,000 or above (Verbal/Critical Reading and Math combined) or an American College Test (ACT) composite score of 21 or above.
- Computer Information Systems majors must maintain a cumulative program GPA of at least 2.0.
- Minimum grade of “C” in major program-required courses: CSCI 102, CSCI 105, CSCI 106, CSCI 110, CSCI 210, CSCI 211, CSCI 220, CSCI 273, CSCI 301, CSCI 310, CSCI 325, CSCI 350, CSCI 360, CSCI 370, CSCI 390, CSCI 420-422, CSCI 480, CSCI 490, MATH 133, MATH 345.
Prior to graduation, Computer Information Systems majors are required to:
- complete an internship (CSCI 490)
- participate in research or complete a significant project via capstone (CSCI 480)