Digital Media Management BA
Digital media management integrates multiple exciting fields — a major born to reflect the versatile skills needed to succeed in today’s entertainment and communications landscapes.
The Digital Media Management program provides a foundation in visual storytelling, music technology, digital design, marketing, and people and project management. Students choose a concentration to gain deeper knowledge and practical skills in a specific area or concentrate in more than one:
- Media Analytics
- Music Technology
- Strategic Communication
- Visual Media
- Web Media
- Esports Marketing and Management
Student Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate technical ability in the principles, tools, and processes related to digital media.
- Effectively explain and evaluate digital media through written and spoken communication.
- Develop digital media that take creative risks to deliver an effective message.
- Effectively apply the knowledge and skills of management and marketing in the use of digital Media.
- Demonstrate the ability to work effectively independently and collaboratively in teams and larger groups.
- Use critical thinking skills to solve industry-related problems on real world projects.
The Bachelor of Arts in Digital Media Management requires 120 credit hours:
- 36 credit hours in Major Required Courses
- 15 credit hours in Concentration
- 36-37 credit hours of Franciscan Core Curriculum courses
- 23-33 hours of Electives
Program of Studies
Bachelor of Arts in Digital Media Management
- Major Required Courses, 36 credit hours: ART 180, ART 155, ART 265, COMM 210, COMM 385, COMM 450 OR, BUS 270, CSCI 102 OR, MGMT 272, FILM 150, FILM 341, MKT 281, MUSC 135, DMM 400, 3 credit hours from any of the following: ART 330, BUS 391, BUS 393, COMM 370, CSCI 490 OR MUSC 496
- Concentration, 15 credit hours:
- Marketing/Management, 15 Credit Hours: ACCT 100 or ACCT 106, BUS 125, MGMT 230, and 3 credit hours from EPIC 325, MGMT 333, MGMT 375, MGMT 433, or MGMT 472, and 3 credit hours from MKT 317, MKT 321, MKT 331, MKT 341, MKT 375, MKT 410, or MKT 432
- Media Analytics, 15 Credit Hours: BUS 125, CSCI 370, MKT 432, and 6 credit hours from CSCI 360, CSCI 273, MATH 302, MGMT 230, or MKT 321
- Music Technology, 15 Credit Hours: MUSC 220, MUSC 230, MUSC 250, and 6 credit hours from MUSC 285, MUSC 290, MUSC 315, or MUSP credits in Music Ensemble or Private Lesson Instruction
- Strategic Communication, 15 Credit Hours: COMM 211, COMM 311, COMM 250, and 6 credit hours from COMM 440, EPIC 325, MKT 321, MKT 410, or MKT 432
- Visual Media, 15 Credit Hours: ART 106, ART 107, ART 248, and 6 credit hours from ART 150, ART 205, ART 326, ART 334, FILM 250, FILM 350
- Web Media, 15 Credit Hours: ART 438, ART 465, CSCI 105, CSCI 220, and 6 credit hours from COMM 311, CSCI 390, MKT 341
- Franciscan Core Curriculum, 36-37 credit hours
- Electives, 22-23 credit hours
Applicants to the Bachelor of Arts in Digital Media Management Program must meet University of Saint Francis admission requirements.