Health Services BS
The Bachelor of Science in Health Services program prepares graduates to serve in management roles in today’s dynamic health services delivery system.
The Bachelor of Science in Health Services degree program is offered to associate degree graduates of health-related disciplines, providing the opportunity for healthcare professionals to advance their degrees and careers. Students build upon their current experience in healthcare to develop skills in health service administration and gain a broader understanding of the complex healthcare environment. Credits from the associate degree are applied to the 120 credit hour requirement for a bachelor’s degree. In addition to completion of general education requirements, students complete 27 hours of core courses in health services. Students select a practicum in their area of interest and help design individualized goals. A maximum of 48 credit hours from the associate degree professional courses may be applied to the Bachelor of Science in Health Service degree in addition to transferable general education courses.
Student Learning Outcomes
Graduates of the Bachelor of Science in Health Services Program are prepared to serve in professional roles within a complex healthcare environment. Graduates will:
- Demonstrate effective communication in multidisciplinary environments.
- Apply research principles and outcomes to the health care delivery system.
- Examine social, financial and political influences affecting health delivery systems.
- Apply effective management strategies to solve problems in a healthcare environment.
- Integrate principles of Franciscan Values and Catholic Social Teaching with the business of healthcare.
The Bachelor of Science in Health Services degree requires a minimum of 120 credit hours:
- 24 credit hours in health services core
- 38-48 credit hours from AS degree in healthcare discipline
- 44-48 credit hours of general education
- Electives as needed
Program of Studies
Required courses for the program/degree and major or concentrations:
- Health Services Core – 27 credit hours: ACCT 100, MGMT 230, MKT 281, MGMT 433, HEAS 325, HEAS 335, HEAS 415, HEAS 450, HEAS 480 (Note: A grade of “C” or better is required in all HEAS courses)
- Healthcare Core: 38-48 credit hours from AS degree in healthcare discipline
- General education: 44-47 credit hours
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 2.3
The applicant must hold an associate degree in a health-related discipline from a regionally accredited college or university. For acceptance to the Bachelor of Science in Health Services degree programs, the applicant must:
- Meet one of the following requirements:
- Possess an active license or certification in a healthcare discipline
- Hold an associate degree from an accredited program in a healthcare discipline
- Be currently enrolled in an associate degree program in the School of Health Sciences at the University of Saint Francis
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.3 or above on a 4.0 scale in college coursework
Applicants with a professional certificate or diploma must obtain an associate degree in a healthcare discipline of their choice to obtain the Bachelor of Science in Health Services.