Science & Entrepreneurship BS
Students majoring in science and entrepreneurship will be exposed to a wide array of courses in science and business. This unique program is the right fit for those with an aptitude for science, but a vision to start their own business or pursue management in an area of science, such as a laboratory or facility that designs or manufactures scientific or medical equipment.
Students completing the B.S. in Science and Entrepreneurship are positioned to enter their career immediately or go on to graduate school for advanced degrees such as Master of Business Administration (MBA) or a Professional Science Master (PSM) program.
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon graduation with a B.S. degree in Science and Entrepreneurship, USF students will:
- Demonstrate proficiency in the foundational theories and application of chemistry, biology, physics, and entrepreneurship.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of the social responsibility and ethical dimensions of problems and issues facing scientists today.
- Communicate the results of scientific research or scientific internships to scientists and non-scientists.
- Demonstrate proper procedures and knowledge of regulations for safe handling and use of hazardous chemicals.
The B.S. in Science and Entrepreneurship degree requires 120 credit hours:
- 48-50 credit hours of general education courses
- 31-35 credit hours of prescribed courses in chemistry, biology, environmental science, math, physics, or computer science courses
- 15 credit hours of directed electives in chemistry, biology, environmental science, computer science, math or physical science (at least three courses must be at least 300 level)
- 21 credit hours in prescribed business courses
- elective courses as needed
Program of Study
The B.S. in Science and Entrepreneurship requires:
- Major Science core, 29-34 credit hours: BIOL 190, BIOL 191, CHEM 141, CHEM 142, CHEM 480, CHEM 481, CHEM 496 or BIOL 401 or CSCI 490 or MATH 496, CSCI 105, CSCI 106, ENVS 232, MATH 223, MATH 244, SCIE 257, SCIE 258
- Major Directed electives, 15 credit hours, any courses from: BIOL, CHEM, ENVS, SCIE, MATH at least three courses must be at least 300 level
- Major Business Core: BUS 360 or MATH 302, ACCT 100, BUS 101, BUS 200, BUS 489, FIN 250, MGMT 230, MKT 281
Applicants must meet University of Saint Francis admission requirements.
Science and Entrepreneurship majors must maintain a GPA of at least 2.0.
Prior to graduation, Science and Entrepreneurship majors are required to:
- complete an internship, participate in research or complete a significant project,
- present publicly the results of their research, and
- participate in a weekly science seminar each semester of enrollment.