Mar 04, 2024
The Bachelor of Arts in Animation Program at the University of Saint Francis recruits and graduates creative individuals who use many forms of digital media to tell stories for a changing and diverse public. Through a focus in 2D and 3D animation, motion graphics and concept art, students are prepared for a dynamic and diverse work force.
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon graduation, students in the Bachelor of Arts in Computer Art program will:
- Demonstrate and understand diverse solutions to media messaging and consequences in animation, motions graphics, and concept art.
- Demonstrate technical skills, perceptual development, and understanding of animation, motion graphics, visual effects and concept art and other principles of visual design to achieve basic visual communication using one or more media.
- Demonstrate the basic ability to show relationships between media, message and audience and how messaging contributes to use and interpretation.
- Demonstrate the ability to identify differences among audiences/users and an understanding of how audience/user values and behaviors are reflected in the production of animation, motion graphics, and concept art.
- Demonstrate the ability to apply knowledge of practice, history, theory, criticism, and technology and the tools and techniques of research, scholarship, and communication in the production of scholarly analytical work about animation, motion graphics, and concept art.
- Demonstrate an awareness of perspectives in the evaluation of animation, motion graphics, visual effects and concept art including the history of ideas about the role of media in culture and of ideas informing media practice over time.
The Bachelor of Arts in Animation requires 120 credit hours:
- 36-37 credit hours of general education courses
- 69 credit hours in Major Required Courses
- 14-15 credit hours in elective courses as needed
Major Required Courses, 69 Credit Hours:
9 Credit Hours in Art History Requirement:
General Education, 36-37 Credit Hours with Directed Courses Including
Electives, 14-15 Credit Hours
Applicants to the Bachelor of Arts in Animation must meet University of Saint Francis admission requirements.
Students in the Bachelor of Arts in Animation complete a sophomore portfolio review.
Students in the Bachelor of Arts in Animation complete a senior portfolio review.